Nossa Senhora da Guia Church
The Church of São João Batista is a small building, parallel to the road, with a rectangular plan, in stone masonry plastered and whitewashed, with its architectural and decorative elements in relief in stonework. It is not known the exact date of its construction, reason why the historians point to the XVI and XVII centuries. In 1895 the church was rebuilt and having added the current front tower with the steeple, of American influence.
The feast in honour of the patron São João Batista takes place between 22 and 24 June. In this chapel the feasts of N. Sra. of Guia on the Sunday closest to September 8 are celebrated.
Fajã de São João Santo Antão