Museu Carlos Machado

Founded in 1876 by Carlos Maria Gomes Machado, this museum is situated in the former Santo André Convent, initially assembling collections of Azorean Natural History (zoology, botanic, geology, mineralogy). Later, the museum extended its collection, including sacred art, regional ethnography, painting, tile art, sculpture, gold and silver work and old toys.

Address
Convento de Santo André
9500-054 Ponta Delgada
Contacts
Phone
+351 296 202 930
Email
museu.cmachado.info@azores.gov.pt