This chapel was extended in 1831, therefore the original building is quite modified, keeping only the Latin cross layout, the façade, the bell tower and the pulpit. However, we highlight the exception of its pediment with symmetrical windings, which is not common in the São Jorge island. It was built in stone masonry plastered and painted white, while its relevant architectonic and decorative elements are displayed in stonework.
The festivity in honour of the patron saint is carried out on the second weekend of September. It is a religious festivity.