Este sitio web utiliza cookies para asegurar que obtenga la mejor experiencia en nuestro sitio web. Poderá desactivar esta función en la configuración de su navegador. Para más información, consulte la Política de Privacidad.

Ermida de São João Batista

The construction of the Chapel of São João dates back to the 19th century; however, a reconstruction is reported for the year of 1898.

It was built in stone masonry plastered and painted white, while its relevant architectonic and decorative elements are displayed in stonework. The image of São João, a very fine sculpture, was acquired in the city of Porto, offered by the Viscountess of São Mateus.

In the night of the São João festivity, and upon initiative of the parish council of Velas, a local festival is carried out, preceded by a mass and procession in honour of São João, where sardines, cornbread and other delicacies are offered. There is also the launch of balloons.


Rua de São João Velas
São Jorge