Cooperativa Agrícola de Laticínios dos Lourais, CRL
The Cooperativa Agrícola de lacticinios dos Lourais (CRL) was founded on 2 September 1943, in the place of Lourais, in the Ribeira Seca parish. Its first installations were located in Lourais, thus originating the name of the cheese factory. Subsequently, the factory still worked in the area das Travessas, in Ribeira Seca. On 25 March 2009, the new plant was inaugurated in Silveira, a parish of Ribeira Seca. It should be noted that this cooperative was created with the objective of producing cheese and butter only for the parish of Ribeira Seca.