Este sitio web utiliza cookies para asegurar que obtenga la mejor experiencia en nuestro sitio web. Poderá desactivar esta función en la configuración de su navegador. Para más información, consulte la Política de Privacidad.

São Diogo Church

In 1661, Diogo Silveira in Topo the Franciscan Convent of San Diogo, as well as the adjacent San Francisco chapel. In the church there is the inscription of "1761", that could be a date of reconstruction and not of the construction of the own chapel. It is a simple religious building with a single nave and a tower, built of whitewashed and plastered stone masonry, while its prominent architectural and decorative elements are found in stonework.

At times the convent facilities were used by the school, and even the students were taught in the same place. There are currently some architectural notes of this convent and the annexed chapel.


Rua de Santo António Topo
São Jorge