Azores Safe Destination Voucher
Focusing on everyone’s safety, the "Azores Safe Destination Voucher", approved by the Government Council Resolution n. 118/2021, of May 18, is a measure of the Regional Government to encourage all visitors to be tested for SARS-COV-2 in the 72 hours prior to boarding to the region.
If you are travelling to Azores, are not a resident, and aim to adhere to this initiative, please follow the procedure below prior to boarding:
- Get tested for SARS-CoV-2 in the 72 hours before you take your flight. This test can be made in one of the laboratories arranged by the Archipelago, without any cost for people coming from Continental Portugal and Madeira, or in a laboratory chosen by the passenger. More information here: https://www.visitazores.com/pt/trip-info
- After getting your negative test result, you must complete the form available at My Safe Azores prior to boarding, attaching the proof of your negative test.
Important note: When completing this form, please note that you should give your consent for the processing of your personal data for purposes of the attribution of the “Azores Safe Destination Voucher”, or otherwise we will not be able to grant you with the voucher.
- When arriving in Azores, our health teams will be prepared to check your form, as well as your other documents.
- The Azores Safe Destination Voucher, in the amount of 35.00€, will be sent to your e-mail after document validation. This voucher will have a QR code and an alphanumeric code and will state its expiration date, which will be 20 days after its date of issue.
- To use the Voucher, you should proceed as follows:
- When paying for the purchased good or service, show the QR Code or give the alphanumeric code in your voucher in the establishments that are part of the Voucher Network (you can find them here);
- Make sure that you get an immediate discount when buying the goods or service.
- The “Azores Safe Destination Voucher” can only be used in one transaction. The remaining amount will not be returned in cases where purchase price is inferior to Voucher amount.
By following this procedure, you will be able to use your Voucher in one of the member establishments (you can find them here).
Frequently Asked Questions
The “Azores Safe Destination Voucher” can be used by whom?
All non-residents who arrive in Azores and meet the requirements concerning the SARS-CoV-2 test and completion of the My Safe Azores form are eligible for the Voucher of 35.00€.
What do I have to do to get an “Azores Safe Destination Voucher”?
You must get a SARS-CoV-2 test in the 72 hours prior to your departure to Azores, select the option get the “Azores Safe Destination Voucher” when completing the Risk Evaluation and Early Detection Questionnaire in My Safe Azores and upload the proof of your negative test on the platform prior to boarding. After your proof is validated by the Regional Health Authority, you will receive an e-mail with the respective voucher on the day you will travel.
When does the “Azores Safe Destination Voucher” expires and where can I use it?
Vouchers are valid for 20 days after their date of issue and can be used as a discount when buying goods or services in the Archipelago in establishments that are part of the Voucher Network (you can find them here).
How do I use an “Azores Safe Destination Voucher”?
After you choose one of the establishments in the Voucher Network, you must say that you want to use one or more vouchers before you pay the good or service that you want to buy. To this end, you must show your voucher(s), preferentially in a digital format, so that the employees at the establishment scan the QR Code(s). Alternatively, some establishments may use the alphanumeric code in the voucher to make the discount.
Can I use more than one “Azores Safe Destination Voucher” to pay for a service?
Yes, you can. However, vouchers are to be used only once and the possible difference will not be refunded.
Can I use my voucher in a purchase that I make in advance?
Is the QR Code in the Risk Evaluation and Early Detection Questionnaire the same as the QR Code in the Voucher?
No, the QR Code in the questionnaire is only used by the Regional Health Authority for validation purposes and is the code in the respective form completed on the My Safe Azores platform. The QR Code in the Voucher is similar to the image below, and you will receive it automatically in your e-mail when you arrive at your destination and after your questionnaire is validated.