Municipal Market (currently, the Parish Council)

After the demolition of the original market at the beginning of the 20th century, on 12 August 1905 was approved the project for the construction of a new market at Largo de Santo Antão, which land had been acquired by the City Council on the month before, the autarchy thus aiming to respect its natural location, at the entrance of Terras do Correia and in the confluence of accesses to the houses and lands of the agricultural area of Velas.  When only sporadically used and when the initial purpose for its construction was no longer applicable, it was turned into the registered office of the Parish Council of the Village of Velas.

Address
Largo de Santo Antão
Velas