Church of São Lázaro

The current Church of St. Lazarus was built in 1761 on the same location of the old temple destroyed in 1757. Therefore, the bell tower and the façade with a triangular pediment with a cross were mainly kept. Inside, it holds the baptistery, covered by a full barrel vault, and a revivalist altarpiece in partially gilded and staggered wood.

On 17 December, the festivity in honour of the patron saint is carried out, therefore being a religious festivity. This church also carries out a festivity in honour of Our Lady of the Rosary on 15 August, with a religious and profane programme.

Address
Norte Pequeno
Calheta