The Chapel of São Sebastião in Fajã dos Vimes was built in 1799 by the residents. The primitive church, prior to the 17th century, was destroyed in the great earthquake, the “Mandado de Deus” in 1757 and it is currently found North. In the chapel was celebrated the festivity in honour of N.Sra do Carmo on 16 July. Besides being a chapel devoted to São Sebastião, the festivity is in honour of N. Sra. do Carmo as, some decades ago, the Third Order of N. Sra. do Carmo was established there. It is a religious festivity.