Chapel of Santo Cristo

The Chapel of Santo Cristo was reconstructed upon the order of the Baron of Ribeiro, in 1817, in a private land (the location of the old temple). It is a large building with an adjacent bell tower, which access is carried out through a concave mate portal with pinnacles in its extremities.

Inside, it is painted white and green, while the main altar’s altarpiece is painted white, showing a classical revivalism with late-baroque characteristics.

Address
Fajã das Almas
Manadas
Velas