Casa da Alfandega

This building was reconstructed in the 17th century even though the primitive building, according to Friar Agostinho Montalverne, dates back before 1526, although no documental information was found on this primitive house. The current building, a military facility held by the Fiscal Guard and, nowadays, by GNR [Republican National Guard], was built in 1955 and replaced the building from the beginning of the 18th century, which construction was ordered by the Royal Finances.

Address
Rua Cons. Dr. José Pereira
Velas